Previous proposalCreating a multilingual resume ranking API engine based on NLP and contextual word embeddings
Next proposalircb - A scalable IRC bouncer in Python
Modern Cryptography and Privacy
“One must acknowledge with cryptography no amount of violence will ever solve a math problem.” ― Jacob Appelbaum
May, 2013 - Snowden MMM, YYYY - Various corporate breaches, bugs, crypto attacks, privacy breaches
Cryptography is perhaps the single most important computer science concept today. Experts have made remarkable advances in the field, and yet the field seems largely complex and unapproachable due to scary mathematical concepts like factorization, elliptic curves, etc.
Awareness of cryptosystems is very essential today, and this talk aims to bridge that barrier.
This talk will be a modern cryptographic primer.
- 10 min: Becoming friends with Number theory, symmetric and asymmetric cryptography. A little bit of socialisation.
- 10 min: Crypto-systems to-dos and to-not-dos, RSA, PGP, AES, TLS, and more 3-letter acronyms!
- 10 min:
pip install cryptography
- 10 min: How to have really interesting conversations with other people that include words like blockchain.
- Water bottle for being hydrated
- Meditate and prepare for a fast-paced crypto-attack!
I’m a Senior Data Scientist at Craftsvilla.com, where I manage initiatives to improve business with advanced intelligence and machine learning.
Previously, I was a data scientist and consultant at Gramener, where I advised and built data solutions for companies including Deloitte, Airbus, Novartis, and Star India. Before that, I built a few products at Verisign.
I’m involved with Internet Society, Life With Data, DataKind and Invati.org in various capacities. I speak regularly at conferences and meet-ups in India.